Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Quit Companion?
The Quit Companion is a free, interactive tool designed to help people quit smoking successfully. It uses information that you provide online to create progress charts, generate messages, and show your success over time as you become tobacco-free. Learn more about the Quit Companion.
2. What are the features of the Quit Companion?
Using the Quit Companion, you can chart your progress over time, send yourself supportive and motivating messages when you like, have your friends and family send you messages, and calculate the amount of money you have saved in a given time period by quitting smoking. Learn more about the Quit Companion.
3. How do I get started?
Getting started with the Quit Companion is simple. Just complete the registration form and you're ready to begin using the tool. Register Now.
4. Will friends and family I invite be given access to my Quit Companion account and personal information?
5. Will my mobile phone carrier charge me when I send/receive support messages?
The Quit Companion itself is free, but as with any text messaging service, messages sent or received from your phone will fall under the terms of your mobile carrier contract. Please contact your carrier if you have any questions.
6. What kind of wireless device do I need?
You don't need a wireless device to use the Quit Companion - you can use your email account to receive messages. The text messaging feature of the Quit Companion uses text messaging to relay communications. It is compatible with most wireless devices that can receive text messages.
7. Will personal information be kept confidential?
8. Who can I contact for assistance?
For technical support or to report a technical issue, please contact email@example.com.
1. How can I become a Video Blogger?
If you're interested in joining our cast of Video Bloggers, please contact Rick Dunlap at the Neiman Group, 717-232-5554.
2. Where can I send suggestions and comments about the site?
We'd love to hear from you. Any feedback can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. I've noticed the Pennsylvania logo on the site. Is the site open to users out of the state?
We believe the content and tools on DeterminedToQuit.com should be available to everyone, so there are currently no restrictions based on your location. However, there are areas of the site that feature Pennsylvania-oriented content.
4. There are many smoking cessation methods available. Does this site recommend or promote any specific one?
Tobacco is a very serious addiction and some cessation methods work better for some than others. Instead of promoting one particular method, the goal of DeterminedToQuit.com is to be an unbiased source of information that presents smokers with the complete range of options that are available.
In addition, the Quit Companion feature was designed to work alongside any cessation method, whether it's cold turkey or the patch.
Cigars contain many of the same cancer causing agents that are found in cigarettes. Cigar smoking is known to cause lung cancer as well as cancer of the mouth, larynx, esophagus, and possibly the pancreas.